25 Dec 2012

One off Tweed patchwork scarf....

I wanted to create a gift for my dad for my parents wedding anniversary. 

So a scarf came to mind!

He loves wool and tweed, so I felt this would be an ideal medium to use.  Its masculine and yet can still be styled to be creative.

I chose to make the scarf two sided to give it a thick feel. 

On one side I decided to use one fabric; for this I chose a lovely mustard brown, lighter weight wool fabric.  (That I had bought years ago , with the desire to make a dress for myself...yet it never happened..to thought it could be put to good use in another way!)

Then for the other side, I chose to create a patchwork look; cutting out squares of various tweed fabrics, some bought a while ago...just waiting for me to use them...whilst others were bought at the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate this year........for this purpose!

I wanted to make the scarf really special, so have made a hexagon patchwork piece, in three parts on one end, to finish the look.

Overall I am very happy with the result!

Here below are some photos of the results.............







No comments:

Post a Comment